in the Land of Great Wines & White Truffles
Visit during the International Truffle Festival
8 Days / 7 nights
October 10-17, 2017
Limited to 8 Travelers
This wine and gourmet tour in Piedmont leads you through the beautiful hills of Langhe, Roero, and Monferrato the unique scenery recognized as World Heritage by UNESCO.
These lands are dotted with castles and manors steeped in rich history and surrounded by vineyards.
Here, the Slow Food Movement began and traditions are well preserved. An authentic territory with values of quiet life and free time, simple yet flavorful cuisine and world renowned wines still reign. The month of October is the best time of the year to enjoy this region; it is at the peak of the Nebbiolo grape harvest and when the International Truffle Festival in Alba takes place.
Learn all about the world of truffles through a truffle hunt and lunch with the “trifolao. Enjoy private guided cellar tours and tastings at boutique producers of Barolo, Barbaresco, Nebbiolo, Dolcetto, Arneis and more. See the UNESCO cellars known as “underground cathedrals” in Asti for a tasting of their “metodo classico” sparkling wine.
Visit Grinzane Castle home of Italy’s great Statesman and now site of the Regional Enoteca and the city of Turin, once capital of Italy under the Savoy to see the majestic and royal palaces of this region.
Join me, Susanna Wriston- Owner & Founder of Italia Dolce Vita, on this incredible tour of Piedmont: Land of Truffles, Great Wines and rich History.
This gourmet tour in Piedmont can easily be combined with our extraordinary tour of Emilia Romagna October 17 to 22, 2017.
• Limited to 8 Travelers
• 7 nights in a charming accommodation - no hotel change
• Visit the International Alba White Truffle Fair
• Private vineyard and cellar tours
• Visit a natural organic Piemontese cheese maker
• Private guided tour of the impressive 13th Century Grinzane Cavour Castle and Regional Enoteca
• Visit the Underground Cathedrals in Asti, a UNESCO a world heritage site
• Learn about truffles in a Truffle Sensorial Class!
• Go truffle hunting and have lunch the truffle hunter and his family!
• Hands on cooking class
• Journey along the panoramic Langhe hills where Piedmont’s best wines are produced.
• Visit Turin, Italy’s first capital.
•Vist the Wine Museum hosted in the amazing Barolo castle.
• Daily breakfast
• Gourmet and Authentic meals paired with local wines
• Full time assistance by Italia Dolce Vita on site