Dates: October 22 - 27, 2017
5 days, 5 nights
Limited to 18 participants
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to travel through all the key appellations of this authentic wine region of France with a true expert and fabulous instructor!
By nature and nurture the Loire is an aristocratic place. Even the wines manifest this inherent equilibrium of structure and precision and grace. Over 300 castles and/or châteaux, plus gardens, vineyards and broad expanses of cropland, flank the Loire River. It is because of this exquisitely pastoral yet cultured landscape that the region is known as “Le Jardin de la France”, France’s Garden. It is the home of some of the most delicious, delectable, enjoyable French wines.
- Enjoy guidance and instruction from Loire Valley native and Master Sommelier Pascaline Lepeltier
- Travel to most of the region’s wine appellations including: Sancerre, Pouilly-Fumé, Vouvray, Chinon, Saumur-Champigny, Savennières
- Taste rare and distinctive wines including racy whites, refreshing rosés, reds that favor fruit over force, and sumptuous sweet and sparkling wines made from the versatile grape Chenin Blanc
- Visit Sancerre and Pouilly-Fumé, the most famous ambassadors for crafting Sauvignon Blanc in the world.
- Get access to some of the most prestigious and sought-after small wine producers
- Enjoy the gorgeous scenery of the Loire river, castles and world famous cathedrals
- Indulge in the renowned, authentic cuisine of the Loire…cave-cultivated button mushrooms, juicy white Sologne asparagus, goat cheeses, black truffles, saffron, artichokes and all manner of tree and berry fruits.
Travel with like-minded, committed students of wine, whether serious wine hobbyists or wine professionals, and share with us an unforgettable educational, epicurean and enlightening experience!
Your Guide & Instructor: Pascaline Lepeltier, MS
- Master Sommelier and Beverage Director of Rouge Tomate restaurant in New York City
- Highly qualified and experienced speaker and presenter