Dates: October 15 - 19, 2017
4 days, 4 nights
Limited to 18 participants
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to travel through all the key appellations of this authentic wine region of France with a true expert and fabulous instructor!
- Enjoy guidance and instruction from award-winning author and Jura wine expert Wink Lorch
- Travel to key wine appellations including Arbois, Château-Chalon, l'Étoile and Côtes du Jura
- Dive into the many local grape varieties: Chardonnay, Savagnin, Poulsard, Pinot Noir and Trousseau
- Taste rare and distinctive wines, from oxidative white wines known as Vin Jaune, inimitable fresh and fruity white wine, fragrant red wine to vin de paille (straw wine) and Macvin (which are fortified wines)
- Get access to some of the most prestigious and sought-after small wine producers
- Enjoy the gorgeous scenery of lakes, mountains, castles and stunning hilltop villages like Château-Chalon
- Indulge in the renowned, rustic and authentic cuisine of the Jura…smoked meat, delicious matured Comté cheese, fondue, honey, morels..
Travel with like-minded, committed students of wine, whether serious wine hobbyists or wine professionals, and share with us an unforgettable educational, epicurean and enlightening experience!
Your Guide & Instructor: Wink Lorch
- Author of the award-winning book, Jura Wine
- Contributor, writer and editor for numerous wine books and magazines
- Highly qualified and experienced speaker and presenter
Become one of the few to understand and master the wines of this authentic part of France!