Dates: October 21-26, 2018
6 days, 5 nights
Limited to 18 participants
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to travel through all the key appellations of this authentic wine region of France with a true expert and fabulous instructor!
Your Guide & Instructor: Gerard Basset MW, MS
- Master Sommelier, Master of Wine and Wine MBA
- Best Sommelier in The World, 2010
- Decanter Man of the Year 2013 Award
- Honorary President of the WSET (Wine and Spirit Education Trust)
Bordeaux is the largest and most renowned fine wine-producing region in France. Its iconic reds have served as the benchmark around the world for Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot blends. Excellent whites, both sweet and dry, are also produced in Bordeaux. Its sheer size has given rise to numerous sub-regions, appellations, classification systems, and “châteaux”, the famous wine estates of Bordeaux.
- Gain extensive knowledge of this vast region through the precise instruction of a world-renowned wine expert combined with insider visits and wine tastings at the very best châteaux.
- Discover the Bordeaux wine region with your instructor, Gérard Basset, MW, MS, Best Sommelier in The World, 2010 and Honorary President of the WSET
- Travel to each of the different vineyard areas of Bordeaux, including the Médoc, the Graves and Sauternais, and the Saint-Emilion and Pomerol region. Study their respective terroirs and master their specific appellation and classification systems.
- Experience first-rate visits and tastings at Bordeaux’s most prestigious châteaux.
- Explore one of the lesser-known, excellent value appellations like Fronsac or Côtes de Castillon.
- Discover the elegant city of Bordeaux with its graceful streets, lovely waterfront walks and great wine bars. Stroll through the cobblestone streets of Saint-Emilion, a charming village surrounded by vineyards dating back to medieval times.
- Lunch and dine in the region’s best restaurants and discover exquisite local specialties matched with excellent Bordeaux wines.
Travel with a group of wine students who are serious about wine, either as wine professionals or as committed wine lovers. Share a highly educational, friendly and unforgettable experience while gaining a comprehensive understanding of what makes the wines of Bordeaux so unique.
Your 6 Day, 5 Night Bordeaux Immersion Study Trip includes:
- Instruction throughout by Gérard Basset, MW, MS, Best Sommelier in the World 2010
- The services of a Tour Manager throughout, to provide customer service and logistics support.
- The complete Wine Scholar Guild Bordeaux Master Level online course, including the written manual, online webinars and online exam
- Deluxe, air-conditioned motor coach transportation throughout, with bottled water on-board
- 5 nights at 4-star Hotel de Sèze in the city of Bordeaux, double occupancy
- 4 gourmet lunches with fine wines
- 2 gastronomic dinners with fine wines
- 5 buffet breakfasts
- All professional-level tours and tastings at top chateaux, including First Growths and other classified growth chateaux
- All hotel and other taxes, and gratuities for included restaurants
Why Embark on the Wine Scholar Guild French Wine Immersion Study Tours:
- Designed by the Wine Scholar Guild, the leading provider for French wine study and certification programs in the world.
- Nearly all-inclusive, with comfortable hotels, fabulous meals with great wines, all winery tours and tastings, and deluxe transportation at a great value
- Group size is kept small to give you access to very special people, estates and places.
- We have more than a decade of experience putting together extraordinary wine trips in all the French wine regions.
- Provide professional-level instruction on site coupled with a certificate program
Experiencing a Wine Scholar Guild immersion tour is the best way to complete your French wine education. Each tour is led by an internationally renowned expert and includes high-caliber wine tastings, vineyards tours, memorable meals, insider producer visits with top estates and more.
Embark on our only Bordeaux Study Tour for 2018 with professional-level instruction on site coupled with a certificate program!