Dates: May 22-26, 2018
4 days, 4 nights
Limited to 18 participants
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to travel through all the key appellations of this authentic wine region of France with a true expert and fabulous instructor!
Your Guide & Instructor: Essi Avellan, MW
- Master of Wine specialized in Champagne
- Editor of FINE Champagne magazine
- Judge at the Champagne and Sparkling Wine World Championships
Travel with us to the Champagne region to unlock the secrets of this world-famous bubbly and experience first-hand what makes this region and its sparkling wine so special.
- Discover the Champagne region with your instructor, Essi Avellan, world-renowned champagne specialist, wine author and Master of Wine.
- Tour the different sub-regions of Champagne to get a complete and in-depth view of the appellation. Visit the Montagne de Reims, the Côte des Blancs, the Vallée de la Marne and the Aube vineyards.
- Learn directly from the cellar masters of some of the most prestigious champagne houses as you visit and taste with them
- Visit and experience the best Champagne tasting with top grower-producers, located in Grand Cru and prestigious champagne producing villages.
- Experience tasting base wines of Pinot Noir, Chardonnay or Meunier and gain a deeper understanding of the importance and art of blending.
- Dine in the region's best restaurants, to enjoy special champagnes paired with the local gastronomy.
Travel with serious students of wine, either dedicated wine amateurs or wine professionals, and share an educational, enriching and memorable experience while mastering the world of champagne.
Your 4 Day, 4 Night Champagne Immersion Study Tour includes:
- Instruction throughout by Essi Avellan, Master of Wine, Champagne expert and acclaimed wine author and educator
- Services of a Tour Manager throughout, to provide customer service and logistics support
- The complete Wine Scholar Guild Champagne Master Level online course, including the written manual, online webinars and online exam
- Deluxe, air-conditioned motor coach transportation throughout, with bottled water on-board
- 4 nights at 4-star Suites Novotel Reims Centre in Reims, double occupancy
- 2 gastronomic dinners with fine wines, including one at a Michelin 1-star restaurant
- 4 gourmet lunches with fine wines
- 4 buffet breakfasts
- All professional-level tours and extensive tastings at top-quality wine producers
- All hotel and other taxes, and gratuities for included restaurants
Why Embark on the Wine Scholar Guild French Wine Immersion Study Tours:
- Designed by the Wine Scholar Guild, the leading provider for French wine study and certification programs in the world.
- Nearly all-inclusive, with comfortable hotels, fabulous meals with great wines, all winery tours and tastings, and deluxe transportation at a great value
- Group size is kept small to give you access to very special people, estates and places.
- We have more than a decade of experience putting together extraordinary wine trips in all the French wine regions.
- Provide professional-level instruction on site coupled with a certificate program
Experiencing a Wine Scholar Guild immersion tour is the best way to complete your French wine education. Each tour is led by an internationally renowned expert and includes high-caliber wine tastings, vineyards tours, memorable meals, insider producer visits with top estates and more.
Embark on our only Champagne Study Tour for 2018 with professional-level instruction on site coupled with a certificate program!