Friuli, Veneto & Trentino
Charming Northern Italy Culutral Food & Wine Experience
Includes: Trieste, Lake Garda, Verona, Bassano del Grappa and more
Travel with me and 8 travellers
September 22 to October 1, 2017 - 10 Days/9 Nights
Admire breathtaking landscapes of lush vineyards at the peak of harvest with backdrops of medieval towns, hamlets, picturesque watermills, abbeys, and castles.
Journey with me to discover the blue waters of the Adriatic Sea and magnificent Mittle-European Trieste, Palladio Villas on the Prosecco Hills, the charming towns of Valpolicella, Lake Garda, and castles nestled at the foot of the Alps of Trentino.
Explore diverse culinary traditions in the wine regions known as Le Tre Venezie once a cradle of Renaissance art and history during The Venetian Republic.
This tour begins with four nights at a Castle nestled among the vineyards of Friuli Venezia Giulia. Land of Romans, Lombards, Venetians and Habsburgs, this region is a hidden treasure to be discovered for its history, customs and hospitable people. Visit Friuli’s Little Siena, San Daniele where the famous prosciutto is still made according to ancient traditions and enjoy a boat excursion with lunch on the Adriatic Sea.
Learn the art of Espresso in Trieste where it is made in 100 different ways , while sitting in the Historic Hapsburg style cafe’ where poets like Italo Svevo and James Joyce daily met.
Through the Conegliano-Valdobbiadene Prosecco Hills, designate UNESCO we will travel and stop to tour Villa Barbaro di Maser designed by architect Andrea Palladio and stroll the streets of Asolo, the city-of-hundred horizons!!
Spend two nights in the center of Bassano del Grappa, the quaint town on the banks of the Brenta River. Footsteps from the famous Alpini Bridge where ceramic artisans abound and an historic Grappa distillery awaits.
While enjoying a three night stay on Lake Garda discover the enchanting towns along Italy’s largest lake with Mediterranean style climate. Taste the delicate olive oils here produced , and roll up our sleeves with a professional style cooking lesson.
Visit the fascinating city of Verona, backdrop of Shakespeare’s Romeo & Juliet and its surrounding hills where we will privately tour boutique cellars producing the famous Amarone della Valpolicella and the unique Recioto di Soave.
Along the wine routes of Trentino, explore Europe’s oldest wine-growing region. With over 20 top quality international grape varieties flourishing on 5,000 hectares of terraced vineyards the scenery is spectacular. With the Dolomites as our background, the stunning Medieval Castles await to be visited.
Join me and together we will create long lasting memories of people, places, diverse culinary traditions and exceptional wines!!
• Limited to 8 travelers
• 9 nights in charming accommodations
• 5* Castello di Buttrio Wine Relais in Friuli
• 4* Hotel Bonotto in Bassano del Grappa’s historical district
• 4* Hotel Regina Adeliade Garda - Lake Hotel & Spa
• Travel along the lush landscapes, and on the backroads, at the peak of grape harvest from the areas of Trento DOC through Valpolicella, Prosecco Superiore to the Colli Orientali.
• Tour the splendid Roman and Medieval sites of charming Verona
• Hands on cooking lesson overlooking Lake Garda
• Stay IN Bassano del Grappa
• Private guided tour of Palladio Villa Barbaro di Maser
• Learn the art of cheese making and taste some of the top awarded cheeses made by a family run producer.
• Visit the 12th century Cistercian Abbey of Santa Maria in Follina
• Tour Trieste, known as “The little Vienna by the Sea”
• Boat excursion on the Adriatic Sea with gourmet lunch
• Visit Friuli’s little Siena, San Daniele and a boutique Prosciutto di San Daniele producer
• Daily breakfast
• Gourmet and Authentic meals paired with local wines
• Full time assistance by Italia Dolce Vita on site