The Wine Primer Intro Course is a basic entry level course for all wine lovers.
The North American Sommelier Association launches this comprehensive, thorough and condensed WINE PRIMER INTRO COURSE in 2014. Developed over three years of market research and course development by professional teaching and working Sommeliers, this introductory class in wine provides wine fundamentals and builds confidence for any individual enthusiasts and industry professionals.
WINE PRIMER BASICS COURSE is a 2-day, 14-hour course, requiring no previous wine education and specifically created for those who wish to approach wine basics academically for the first time, as well as those who have been enthusiasts for years but wish to consolidate the knowledge and understanding of their passion.
The course has no exam. A 'certificate of attendance' will be issued by NASA (recognized by the Worldwide Sommelier Association) to all individuals who successfully complete the course.
WINE PRIMER INTRO COURSE is taught entirely by professionally-certified working Sommeliers who are also NASA trained professional teachers.
- What exactly is wine? Basics of winemaking & enology
- The concept of 'terroir' (the "sense of place"), basics of viticulture & grapes
- The basics of wine tasting (taste like the Somms)
- The basics of proper wine service, cellaring and enjoyment
- Essential food & wine pairing concepts
- Main French wine regions and their grapes/wines
- Main Italian wine regions and their grapes/wines
- Main Spanish wine regions and their grapes/wines
- Other European wine regions of importance and their grapes/wines
- Main North American wine regions and their grapes/wines
- Main South American wine regions and their grapes/wines
- Other wine regions of the world and their grapes/wines
ENROLL THROUGH LINK BELOW