Chocolate Candy and Confections
September 7, 2013 (Sat)
from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
The International Culinary Center
Campbell, CA 95008
Does a trip to the gourmet chocolate shop set your heart aflutter? What if you could create the same delightful confections (and perhaps a few even tastier treats) in your very own kitchen? This intensive course is paradise for chocolate lovers. You’ll learn the tricks behind tempering and working with this favorite ingredient of the pastry kitchen and, over 25 hours, you’ll create chocolate candies or your own design and discover how to mold and dip chocolate to make irresistible delights, including truffles, chocolate-dipped toffee, raspberry squares, bars, and bonbons, all under the guidance of our chef-instructors.
And the sweetest part is you can do it all when it suits your schedule, because Chocolate Candy & Confections was designed to deliver a wide range of skills in a very manageable amount of time. You'll get access to the same modern facilities and distinguished chef-instructors that have made The International Culinary Center one of the leaders in culinary education, while using our unique Total ImmersionSM training method to get intensive and hands-on training in the art of chocolate.
Each class begins with a brief discussion of the science, theory, and techniques behind chocolate, but the majority of your time will be spent in the kitchen doing, not watching. Your coursework will include:
- Becoming proficient with the proper tools used in chocolate work
- The science of chocolate tempering
- Dipping and molding chocolates
- Creating simple decorative chocolate pieces of your own
- Filling and decorating a wide variety of chocolate candies
- Designing a customized box to showcase your original chocolate creations
- Understanding how chocolate is made, including harvesting and manufacturing
- Learning proper techniques for storing chocolate25 HOURS - $895WEEKEND SCHEDULES TUITION INCLUDES
Visit Event Website: The International Culinary Center
Posted By: The International Culinary Center
If the content of this posting is questionable, please flag it.