Boyden Valley Winery's Annual Harvest Festival
September 22, 2012 (Sat) - September 23, 2012 (Sun)
from 10:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Wine OR Wine & Food
Boyden Valley Winery is hosting their Annual Harvest Festival the weekend of September 22nd and 23rd, 2012, from 10am – 5:30pm to celebrate the harvesting of the grapes. An assortment of family friendly fun will be available.
The Boyden Valley Winery, founded by David & Linda Boyden, was the first licensed winery in Vermont, but the Boyden family has been farming the hillsides of Vermont for four generations in the picturesque Lamoille River valley – everything from dairy to organic beef, maple syrup, and grapes!
Voted the best winery in Vermont in the 2012 Seven Daysies reader’s choice awards, the Boyden Valley Winery would like to welcome locals and visitors alike to come celebrate their success and enjoy the fruits of their labor at the annual Harvest Festival. The weekend will include activities and the opportunity to experience products from other local Vermont businesses:
· Free Parking
· Free Demonstrations of Grape Crushing
· Hayrides will be available
· Meet the Winemakers
· Opportunities to Taste Wine Grapes
· Free Winery Tours at 11:30am and 1:00pm (tours suitable for all ages)
· Special Wine and Food Tastings of a pre-selected pairing of Vermont made products from the food vendors will be available at the winery – Proceeds for this Specialty Tasting will be donated to benefit the children of Camp Ta-Kum-Ta. http://www.takumta.org/
· Grape Stomping! will be available at 2PM both days
· Gourmet Cheese Plates will be available in the winery to be enjoyed on the patio or bring a blanket to enjoy them on the lawn!
· A variety of Local Food and Craft vendors will be sampling and selling their products during the weekend as well (Additional vendors may also be joining):
o Marsh Hollow - jams and compotes available for sampling and purchase.
o Boston Post Dairy - cheeses available for sampling and purchase.
o Smuggler’s Notch Distillery - Vodka, Rum, & Gin available for sampling and purchase.
o Benito’s Hot Sauce - hot sauces, spicy maple syrups, and BBQ rubs for sampling and purchase.
o O Bread - will have bread featured as part of the specialty tasting at the winery.
o Për’s Smoked – smoked salmon spreads available for sampling and purchase.
o Vermont Switchel - will have Vermont Switchel beverages available for purchase.
o Galleria Fine Arte - will have prints of beautiful local art available for purchase along with information on their gallery and restaurant.
o Green Mountain Kettle Corn – will have kettle corn available for purchase.
o Rustic Cottage Designs - will have a selection of beautiful crafts available for purchase.
o Sumptuous Syrups of Vermont – four delicious syrups to make the perfect cocktail, sangria, spritzer, etc. for sampling and purchase.
o Vermont Cranberry Company – cranberry horseradish sauce, cranberry jams, Pirate Island Sauce, and so much more for sampling and purchase.
For questions or more information on the Harvest Festival contact Boyden Valley Winery at 802-644-8151 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow Boyden Valley Winery on Facebook or Twitter or join the e-newsletter list found on http://www.boydenvalley.com for updates on the Harvest Festival and future events.
If the content of this posting is questionable, please flag it.