Cheese Making Class with Wine Pairing
September 30, 2012 (Sun)
from 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Healdsburg, CA 95448
In this hands-on class lead
by Sacha Laurin from Davis, you will make your very own feta using whole cow
and goat milk, and marinate it with your choice of herbs, peppers,
garlic, olives and sundried tomatoes. You will be able to enjoy it by the next
day, or keep it in olive oil for months. Feta makes almost anything tastier.
Crumble it over salad or pasta. Fold it into scrambled eggs or put it in an
omelet. On a pizza? Yes! Sprinkled on grilled vegetables? Absolutely! In a
milkshake? Just testing!
Join us for this workshop, in the sunshine overlooking some of the most picturesque views of the Russian River wine country. You’ll taste handcrafted artisan cheeses paired with exquisite Viszlay Vineyards wines.
* Different choices in milk, rennet, bacteria and molds available,
* Acidifying and coagulating the milk to form the necessary curd and which enzymes and bacteria are required.
* The many factors and permutations involved in cheesemaking.
* Important hygiene steps necessary.
* What supplies you’ll find in your own kitchen or purchase to make your own cheese at home.
* How to ripen and age your cheeses in your own fridge.
* The biochemistry of cheese- what is happening in the transformation of milk to cheese, what happens when we digest it, and why it makes us happy!
Limited to the first 30 people. Please email or visit the website to reserve your place today!
Posted By: John Viszlay