A Foodie's Field Trip to France: Food Pyrenees Premiere! (Oct. 20-28)
October 20, 2012 (Sat)
from 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Discover magnificent architecture and medieval villages, river valleys and rolling hills, rich history and exquisite cuisine!
Restaurateur and Chef Jean-François Martin has more than 20 years culinary experience at prestigious restaurants throughout France and the Caribbean before selecting southwest France to be the home of his own auberge. His kitchen is filled with heavenly aromas and a palette of resources that he insists he could not find anywhere else:
“Fresh fruits and vegetables, farm ducks and geese, fresh- and salt-water fish, wild mushrooms, black truffle, artisan cured meats, goat and ewe’s milk cheeses, even country table wines: all are of exceptional quality.”
In the spirit of this bountiful region, Jean-François has decided to open up his kitchen and pass on his savoir-faire: for the first time ever, a small, select group of envoyés from the US will be treated to a Foodie’s Field Trip to France and bring home the secrets of French gastronomy and lifestyle.
As a special envoyé, you will be indulging in:
- four half-day hands-on gourmet cooking classes: feast on mouth-watering dishes of your own creation!
- all meals featuring delectable Mediterranean specialties and expertly paired wines from Bonjour! to Bon Voyage!
- eight nights boutique accommodation with all modern amenities: an elegant riverside hotel in cosmopolitan Toulouse, and a luxuriously furnished 13th-century fortified stone housein a hilltop village
- visits to local artisan food and wine producers: sample traditional breads, tangy cheeses, and acclaimed organic wines
- countless photo opportunities
For your comfort and enjoyment, the tour also includes:
- your full-time native trip leader, fluent in American English
- all entrance fees to scheduled activities and events: explore magnificent Romanesque architecture and timeless villages with colorful half-timbered arcades
- private local transportation and airport transfers
- detailed recipes and your own cooking certificate to take home
This invitation was extended to you because:
- you are a passionate foodie whose idea of a fantastic time is a field trip to romantic France
- you are thrilled about indulging in sumptuous French cuisine and enjoying the rich heritage and idyllic lifestyle of Southwest France
- you speak English (though if you know some French, you'll find that you'll have plenty of opportunities to brush up along the way)
- you have a valid passport
- you are able to walk up to two miles a day and up an occasional flight of stairs
- you would not be shy about providing feedback
Only six spots available!
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to experience the France the French keep for themselves at introductory prices. There will be intense focus on the execution of the tour and crafting the desired experience, so we can only accept six responses.
To learn more, visit us online at: http://www.foodpyrenees.com
Posted By: Aurelie Brown