'Fine Vintage' WSET 6 Day Advanced Course
October 13, 2012 (Sat)
from 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Wine OR Wine & Food
You may register online for this course at the link below.
The Level 3 Advanced course is a respected qualification in wine and spirits. It is required by many employers in the trade for the more senior positions. The general interest wine enthusiast can be assured that they have a very high level of knowledge once they complete this course.
The Advanced course goes into significant detail about tasting, grape growing, winemaking, maturation, and then tours the world region by region. We strongly recommend taking the Intermediate course prior to the Advanced, although the Intermediate is NOT a pre-requisite.
During the wine course you will learn about:
- Spain & Portugal
- Eastern Europe
- The Americas
- Australia, New Zealand
- South Africa & South America
- Champagne and other sparkling wines
- Sherry, Port and other fortified wines
- Advanced wine tasting technique
- Alsace and Bordeaux
- Burgundy and the Loire
- The Rhone, and the south of France
- 6 day course - all day from 9:30 am-5:00 pm. The 6 day course is perfect for those who cannot commit to 15 evenings. The study materials are mailed to you in advance of the course. The 6 day intensive course is suited to students who already have a good knowledge and are prepared for a short but intensive study period. The exam results are very similar for both the 6 day and the 15 week course.
In this course we typically have a similar number of wine enthusiasts to people in the trade. There’s always some sommeliers, wine buyers, retail staff, and wine writers. It is more important than ever to take your Advance course from a professional school that has expert instructors who are engaging. It is also important to go to a school that offers excellent wines for tasting. We offer tastings of more wines and better quality wines than anyone else. It’s the difference between going to Harvard and a college in the middle of nowhere. You will taste over 140 wines in the 15 week course.
The exam includes a blind tasting of 2 wines, a 50 question multiple choice paper and paper requiring 5 short answers. The pass mark is 55% in all 3 papers. We have an average pass rate of 85%.
If the content of this posting is questionable, please flag it.