Amy Christine, Kermit Lynch,
Amanda Linn, Winewize
Saturday, July 21st, 2012
Once again Riesling madness descends upon the US of A from June 20th – Sept 21st. Now in its fifth year, and celebrated in 38 states nationally, the Summer of Riesling is the brainchild of newly minted James Beard Award winner Paul Grieco, whose restaurants in New York City Hearth & the three Terroirs, feature an extensive collection of Rieslings from all over the world. A largely unsung hero, Riesling makes wines of every designation for bone dry to sweet, and possesses the versatility to pair with every course at table from apéro to dessert. WHWC is proud to have been the only retailer in LA to participate in 2011 and we’re gunning to make 2012 even better. So strap on your Riesling boots Acidhounds! See you on July 21st.
Flight 1 – Rieslings from Germany – Taste all 5 – $15
• 2010 Leitz Riesling Rudesheimer Drachenstain Dragonstone
• 2010 Adam Riesling Kabinett Dhron Hofberg
• 2010 Muelenhof Riesling Spatlese Erdener Treppchen Alte Reben
• 2010 Merkelbach Riesling Spatlese Kinheimer Rosenberg
• 2010 Muller-Catoir Scheurebe Kabinett Haardt Trocken
Flight 2 – Rieslings from Alsace – Taste all 5 – $15
• 2010 Maison Kuentz-Bas, Riesling, "Tradition"
• 2010 Domaine Ostertag, Riesling
• 2009 Domaine Ostertag, Riesling, "Fronholz"
• 2009 Domaine Ostertag, Riesling, "Heissenberg"
• 2009 Meyer Fonné, Riesling, "Schoenenberg", Grand Cru
DATE: Saturday, July 21st, 2012
TIME: 2-6 PM
Woodland Hills Wine Company
22622 Ventura Blvd
Woodland Hills, CA 91364