Willamette Valley Wine Essentials Class
July 2012 - September 2012
- Ongoing: Fridays 5:30pm-7:30pm
Free Spirit Wines
Newberg, OR 97132
“Willamette Valley Wine Essentials” is the first and only wine education program designed specifically for visitors to the Willamette Valley wine country! Through my previous experience as a winery tasting room manager and private tour guide, I saw first-hand how education enhances the experience of tasting wine and visiting winery tasting rooms.
This two-hour casual and interactive class provides general education on our region and wines that will give you confidence and a solid foundation on which to formulate questions as you journey through wine country. I welcome visitors with all levels of wine knowledge and experience!
Together, we will cover topics including:
- How to Taste Wine – And, yes, we will taste four wines from local producers!
- Brief History of the Willamette Valley Wine Industry
- Today’s Industry in Perspective
- Willamette Valley AVAs (American Viticultural Areas)
- Why all the Pinot Noir?
- Let’s Get Dirty! (Soils)
- Current Vineyard Update
- And more!
We will also cover practical tips on visiting winery tasting rooms:
- General Tasting Room Visit Tips
- Tasting Fees and Purchasing
- Making Appointments and Confirming Your Visit
- How to Get Your Wine Home (Shipping Options)
- And more!
Classes are held every Friday evening, from 5:30pm-7:30pm in Newberg, OR. Reservations required...please visit website to book your spot! Light appetizers provided. Fun guaranteed!
Posted By: Free Spirit Wines