“Willamette Valley Wine Essentials” is the first and only wine
education program designed specifically for visitors to the Willamette
Valley wine country! Through my previous experience as a winery tasting
room manager and private tour guide, I saw first-hand how education enhances the experience of tasting wine and visiting winery tasting rooms.
This two-hour casual and interactive class provides general education on our region and wines that will give you confidence and a solid foundation on which to formulate questions as you journey through wine country. I welcome visitors with all levels of wine knowledge and experience!
Together, we will cover topics including:
- How to Taste Wine – And, yes, we will taste four wines from local producers!
- Brief History of the Willamette Valley Wine Industry
- Today’s Industry in Perspective
- Willamette Valley AVAs (American Viticultural Areas)
- Why all the Pinot Noir?
- Let’s Get Dirty! (Soils)
- Current Vineyard Update
- And more!
We will also cover practical tips on visiting winery tasting rooms:
- General Tasting Room Visit Tips
- Tasting Fees and Purchasing
- Making Appointments and Confirming Your Visit
- How to Get Your Wine Home (Shipping Options)
- And more!
Classes are held every Friday evening, from
5:30pm-7:30pm in Newberg, OR. Reservations required...please visit website to book your spot! Light appetizers provided. Fun guaranteed!