Wine Tasting 101 Classes at Oak Mountain Winery
- Ongoing: Classes offered 6 days a week. Call the winery for times and to make reservations
Oak Mountain Winery
36522 Via Verde
Temecula, Ca 92592
Temecula, Ca 92592
Cost: $29.00 per person
Event ID #423523Tags: Cheese Educational Wine Food
You’ve watched Sideways over and over hoping to acquire some vino aptitude, but you still can’t distinguish a Syrah from Sangiovese. Don’t throw in the towel and call it a musca’day’-- Get the education you need to emerge a confident connoisseur. For $29.00, you will learn the dynamics of Dionysus’s draft with a choice from two classes:
Wine Tasting 101 (learn the basics of tasting wine, such as eyeballing, swirling and swishing, color, clarity, aroma, serving temperatures and food pairings)
Regions of the World (learn how grapes grow and how wine is made, while tasting varietals from different areas)
Normally $90.00. This course from Oak Mountain Winery includes a detailed wine tasting lesson so you can emerge knowledgeable, trained, and in good 'spirits'!
Here, surrounded by panoramic beauty, led by the winery's sommelier, the wine classes begin in the outdoor pavilion adjacent to the vineyards and culminate in the tasting room. They will impart their ample wisdom as you indulge in a heavenly tasting of their finest wines. In a small group setting, your vino mavens will train your palette to pick up distinct flavor profiles, teach you the proper vocabulary, and give you a lesson in the wine-making process. Armed with the power of knowledge, you will leave Oak Mountain with increased passion and skill, so you'll never again be ‘crushed’ by a guiling grape!
• Six wine tastings that take place during the classes
• Food pairings with several of the tastings: Try three gourmet cheeses (Manchego, asiago with rosemary and Toscano) and a dark chocolate macadamia nut with coconut toffee, paired with a port tasting
• Eight tastings of avocado oils and balsamic vinegar
• 15% discount on any bottle of wine purchased during the same visit
After the class, guests are encouraged to tour the grounds, which boast views of the surrounding Temecula Valley wine country.
Posted By: Travis Poper