Delfinia Group - Luxury Food and Wine Tour of Santorini & Northern Greece
September 30, 2012 (Sun)
from 12:00 PM - 12:00 AM
Luxury Food and Wine Tour of Santorini & Northern Greece
September 30 – October 9, 2012
Luxury Food and Wine Tour of Santorini & Northern Greece – Travel to two of the most important food and wine regions of Greece and discover world-class wines produced from two of Greece’s most noble and age-worthy varietals – Xinomavro and Assyrtiko.
In Northern Greece, taste the full-bodied Xinomavro reds of Naoussa and enjoy the sparkling and rose Xinomavro wines of Amyndeo. Dine on skillfully prepared local specialties at some of Greece’s most renowned taverns. Delight in the unspoiled beauty of Northern Greece – its lakes, mountains, waterfalls and nature preserves – before transferring by air to magical Santorini.
On the volcanic island of Santorini, experience Assyrtiko wines at their best as you savor bone-dry mineral whites and the world famous sweet Vinsanto. Try your hand at preparing traditional Santorini dishes such as fava pureé, tomato fritters, and smoked white eggplant. Discover Santorini’s magic as you walk the caldera rim, sail into the dormant volcano, visit black and red sand beaches, and watch the orange-hued sunset.
On this tour, you will enjoy daily food and wine experiences hosted by the best local chefs and wine experts in Greece today, including the foremost expert on Greek wine, Konstantinos Lazarakis MW. Mr. Lazarakis will host two exclusive tastings and gourmet wine dinners that will introduce our group to the important indigenous varietals, with a focus on the wines of Northern Greece and Santorini.
THIS TOUR IS DESIGNED FOR oenophiles, epicureans, and those seeking unique, authentic food and wine experiences.
TOUR PRICE INCLUDES:
- Nine (9) nights of luxury accommodations in stylish hotels and elegant traditional inns
- All meals, beverages and wines (excluding two dinners on your own)
- Two (2) exclusive tastings and gourmet wine dinners hosted by the foremost expert on Greek wines, Konstantinos Lazarakis MW
- Daily food and wine experiences
- Guided tours of ancient Athens, historic Thessaloniki, the Royal Tombs of Vergina (a UNESCO World Heritage Site), and Akrotiri, the “Greek Pompeii”
- All ground and air transportation within Greece, including small luxury buses, regularly scheduled flights and all transfers
- All gratuities
TOUR PRICES DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Travel insurance, if desired
- Personal purchases
- Two dinners
- Roundtrip airfare to Athens, Greece
Posted By: Delfinia Group