Fine spirits have always been associated with those who enjoy fine
wines. This advanced course will present information on the history,
styles, production, and tasting etiquette of some of the worlds finest
spirits. This course can be taken for a Fine Spirits Certification.
This is a Level II Certification Course and can also be taken as a Level
III course. However, we strongly recommend that you first take the
Guild Spirits Certification Seminar (Level I Certification) before
attempting this Level II course.
As a Level II Course you can receive the following certification, depending upon whether or not you are currently in the trade:
- Certified Executive Fine Spirits Sommelier (professional)
- Certified Senior Spirits Connoisseur (for the serious enthusiast)
You may be enrolled in our Level II WIne Certification Course or any Level III course and take this course concurrently.
This course covers the following spirits and liqueurs:
- Brandy – Old and New World
- Scotch and Irish Whiskey
- Rum and Cane Spirits
- (Sipping) Tequila and Mescal
- Key Liqueurs
You will also learn about:
- Formal Sommelier service for spirits and liqueurs
- Tasting etiquette
- Professional, technical tasting techniques for different spirits
- The history and development of spirits
- Spirit fermentation, distillation and production techniques
- Blind tasting spirits to recognize specific styles
- You will receive more than 400 pages of material, specifically designed for this course and taste about 75 different spirits
Class meets once a week every Thursday starting October 4th to December 20th from 6 - 10pm.