This course is our Level II Certification
. It is designed to
prepare you for a management level position as a wine buy (or F&B), a
head sommelier, event planner, a buyer for a wine shop or restaurant,
or to be a sales person with a distributor or importer. We have even had
numerous wine makers take this course.
The Advanced Wine Course includes:
- Component Tasting
- French Wine
- Italian Wine
- German and Austrian Wine
- Spanish and Portuguese Wine, including fortified wines
- Greek Wine
- North American Wine
- Australia and New Zealand Wine
- South American Wine
- South African Wine
- Event Planning
- Wine List Development
- Formal Sommelier Service (and practical exam)
- Descriptive, Comparative and Technical Wine Evaluation
- Diploma, Guild pin and membership card
- Plus - 700+ pages of course material specifically developed for this course, and approximately 65 wines to taste.
This 12-week course meets once a week on Wednesdays from 12 noon - 5:30pm September 30th - December 16th, for a total of 60 contact hours. Course fees are $1900. Cost of the wine course includes registration fees, handouts, wine, and instruction. We taste older vintage wines in this course.