The basic Sake Certification seminar is an introductory professional
course of study designed for individuals who desire to learn about
Sake. The focus is to develop a basic knowledge of Sake, Sake
evaluation and description, production techniques, styles and Sake and
food pairing. Depending upon your background and professional needs,
the Guild offers the option of earning one of two different diplomas
upon successful completion of the wine certification seminar. These
- Certified Sake Sommelier (for the professional)
- Certified Sake Connoisseur (for the enthusiast)
Professional programs of the International Wine Guild are approved
and regulated by the Colorado Department of Higher Education, Private
Occupational School Board.
In the Sake certification seminar, you will:
- Taste more than 20 sakes.
- Receive 100 pages of handout material prepared specifically for this certification seminar.
- Receive a Sake Style Chart - developed by the Guild
- Learn about Sake and food pairing.
- Have a great experience!
- Receive a diploma, membership card and membership pin.