The basic Fine Spirits Certification seminar is an introductory
professional seminar designed for individuals who desire to better
understand and appreciate fine spirits. The focus is to develop a basic
knowledge of terms and concepts, production techniques, spirits
technical and description evaluation as well as spirits and food
pairing concepts. Depending upon your background and professional
needs, the Guild offers the option of earning one of two different
diplomas upon successful completion of the spirits certification
seminar. These are:
- Certified Fine Spirits Sommelier (for the professional)
- Certified Fine Spirits Connoisseur (for the enthusiast)
Professional programs of the International Wine Guild are approved
and regulated by the Colorado Department of Higher Education, Private
Occupational School Board.
In the Fine Spirits certification seminar, you will:
- Taste at least 23 spirits, including Scotch, Bourbon, Vodka and Brandies
- Receive about 100 pages of handout material designed for and prepared specifically for this certification seminar.
- Learn about spirits and food pairing by eating and evaluating a four-course spirits and food dinner
- Have a great experience!
- Receive a diploma, Guild membership card and membership pin.
- This is not a mixology seminar - it is a seminar to learn about fine spirits (consumed neat or straight)