<< Back to Denver
International Wine Guild: Wine Components
December 1, 2012 (Sat)
from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Event ID #417457
Wine OR Wine & Food
This short-course presents an overview of basic wine evaluation concepts through a series of lectures, wine evaluation exercises and actual wine evaluation. It is not a course for certification; there is not an exam.
There are no prerequisites in terms of education or experience to take this short-course. You may bypass this short-course and begin your education with the Level I Wine Certification Seminar if you feel you do not need a basic introductory course on wine components.
In this one-day short course you will:
- Learn basic wine evaluation techniques
- Learn wine visual evaluation
- Learn about wine smell evaluation via a smell exercise of the 30 most common smells in wine
- Learn about wine taste evaluation via a taste exercise to learn how to distinguish tannins, acids, sugars and alcohol in wine
- Taste at least 8 wines
- Receive 30 pages of handout material
Lunch is provided as part of your tuition.
Visit our website to register:
If the content of this posting is questionable, please flag it.